Thursday, October 4, 2012

Recipe: Piri Piri Pork Chop with Swede Wedges and Asparagus


Until this meal I was missing potato's...

Piri Piri Pork:

Tomato skinned (cross cut the bottom... drop in boiling water for a few.. peel)
Red Chilli (piri piri if you can get it) chopped
1/2 tsp honey
Blend! (This is a quick cheat version I will make a proper piri when I have some time and the ingredients!)

Coat Pork chop in sauce... marinate for 24 hours in the fridge.
Roast pork chop for 30 mins at 220C

Swede Wedges


Swede cut into wedges
Place in mixing bowl
Sprinkle with your oil of choice
Sprinkle with Parmesan (Ok this might not be strictly paleo but I am not that strict)
Sprinkle in some chopped herbs (I used rosemary)
Grind black pepper over
Mix around so they are coated

Roast for same time as pork minutes (time dependent on thickness) I put my oven at 220c

Asparagus

Snap the asparagus (it will snap in the right place) to remove woody bit
Put in a dish
Pour over boiling water just enough for them to sit in
Plate on top of dish
Nuke in the microwave for 3 minutes

Now you have a hot plate to serve it on!

Honestly the Swede wedges were amazing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment