Sunday, October 7, 2012

Exercise

Just thought I would make a note of my exercise regime.

I am following a style of exercise known as periodization this is where you exercise using low weights high reps for 2 weeks and then heavy weights low reps for 2 weeks. The idea is that you work slow twitch and the fast twitch muscles and therefore you get maximum growth.

I am only working on my upper body because my leg muscles are pretty massive due to the cycling and walking I do.

So this is the routine:

Day 1: Chest and Triceps

Dumbbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Flyes
Dumbbell Pullovers
Tricep Pullovers (I do this laying on my back as standing up hurts my elbows)
Dumbbell Extensions

Day 2: Rest

Day 3: Back and Biceps

Bent over 2 Dumbbell Row with palms in
Bent over single Dumbbell Row
Hammer Curls
Dumbell Curls

Day 4: Rest

Day 5: Shoulders and Forearms

Dumbbell Deltoid Raise to the front
Dumbbell Deltoid Raise to the side
Dumbbell Raise (arms by sides raise up so your elbows point out)
Shoulder press
Palms up wrist curl
Palms down wrist curl
Dumbbell supination

Day 6: Rest

And repeat... this gives you a spare day if you need it in a week to miss a day.

Also try to do the pilates plank and scrunch sit ups every day though currently not managing that... must be more disciplined.

Walk at least 3 miles or more a day.

That is all I have time for in my life at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment